.............. ABOUT ME
My path to this point in my life has been varied – to say the least!
I left school early and was briefly apprenticed as an aeronautical engineer before turning to business. That wasn't a career path I was drawn to pursue either so looking for something more stimulating I worked for a year in a professional repertory theatre as an assistant stage manager and bit actor.
That was fun – but it wasn't really 'me', so I then tried Art School (My father having been a very talented artist.) where I specialised in sculpture. I had a definite talent for that – but not the dedication, drive, and passion, so it was time for another career change. Somebody suggested I try law and at the time it seemed like a good idea – it paid well and was strongly associated (at least in my mind at that time) with truth, justice, and fair play.
So I studied and practiced law for the next 7 years. Unfortunately truth justice and fair play all too often lose out to money and influence within the Westminster legal system – so it was time for another change! I didn't really know what I wanted to do so in the interim I obtained a heavy goods vehicle license and drove trucks and coaches for the next two or three years. (I think that was a 'boy' thing left over from my childhood!)
By the time that started to lose its interest for me I had already begun to study and practice yoga and meditation – giving me a very different perspective on life. Based on this it was suggested to me I would make a good nurse. Once I got past the identification of nursing with the female gender it increasingly appealed to me – so I applied for and was accepted into nursing training.
I loved it! Finally I had found something that brought out in me qualities I hadn't known existed and made the most of those I had already developed. And so I began a career in nursing that still continues – but I had also developed an interest in hypnotherapy as well. In 2005 I decided to take that interest a stage further and enrolled at The Academy of Hypnotic Science to do the Cert 1V course in Clinical Hypnotherapy.
It turned out to be everything I had hoped for and more. I learnt how the mind worked and how to work with the mind. The following year I commenced practicing as a Clinical Hypnotherapist – although I still continued to practice as a nurse on a part-time basis as well. In 2010 I took the next step and completed the Diploma in Clinical Hypnotherapy – also at The Academy of Hypnotic Science. In 2011 I added the Diploma in Ego State Therapy to my CV. In the midst of all that I also successfully completed the 3 year Dru Diploma of Meditation Teacher training and commenced training as a facilitator for the Shiva Process developed by Swami Shankarananda.
Currently I continue to work in three of the most interesting and rewarding areas I can imagine:
- As a Clinical Nurse Specialist in Critical Care (combined ICU and CCU)
- As a teacher of yoga and meditation
- And as a Clinical Hypnotherapist
- Accredited Yoga Teacher 1973
- Registered Nurse 1979
- Critical Care Nursing Certification 1981
- Bachelor of Nursing 1992
- Reiki 1 Certification 2002
- Full membership of The International Association of Yoga Therapists 2006
- Cert 1V Clinical Health (Clinical Hypnotherapy) 2006
- Dru Diploma In Meditation 2010
- Counselling Certification 2011
- Diploma Clinical Hypnotherapy 2011
- Diploma Ego State Therapy 2011
WHY CHOOSE ME?
- Because I care about what I do.
- Because I am experienced and professional – but at the same time have a friendly accessible approach to working with people – be they clients or students.
- Because Hypnotherapy is not available for a Medicare refund I keep the charge for my services as low as possible so that they are more readily affordable.